Chocolate, Date & Pecan Shortbread recipe! We all look forward to Eid sweet treats right? You and your family are absolutely gonna love these which you can make easily!
125g butter, room temperature
75g caster sugar
150g plain flour
20g corn flour
40g pecans, chopped
40g dates, chopped
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
150g milk chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees, gas Mark 3. Line 2 baking trays with parchment.
2. Using an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluff. Beat in the flours, pecans for crunch, dates to add power and a hint of vanilla for sweetness.
Bring together to form a soft dough.
3. Briefly knead the dough, then roll out to 6mm on a floured surface. Cut into desired shapes using cutters, spacing the biscuits out across the lined trays – they’ll spread as they bake.
4. Bake for 8 – 10 min, until lightly golden, then remove from the oven and arrange on a wire rack until cool.
5. To decorate, break up the milk chocolate and microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Dip a corner of each biscuit in the chocolate and garnish with sprinkles for colour.