Not gonna lie, this Creamy Veg & Coconut Karahi is so easy, delicious and luxurious to plate up on your Ramadan Iftar table to enjoy! All below ingredients were easily found in my local Lidl.
Look out for my Lidl Magazine feature and recipes in store soon!
4 tbsp oil
2 onions, peeled and sliced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 courgette, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
250g frozen peas
2 tsp easy chilli
2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp easy garlic
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tin chopped tinned tomatoes
2 tomato, diced
4 tbsp coconut milk
4 spring onions, chopped
1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
Salt, to taste
Handful of Baby tomatoes
½ a cucumber
1 red onion
1. In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the onions until soft. Add the potatoes and carrots and mix.
2. Tip the aubergine, courgette and red pepper into the pan, plus green pepper and high-protein peas for extra power. Add a kick with the chlIi, then stir through the garlic, spices and seasoning.
3. Cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes, until the vegetables are par-cooked but not mushy.
4. Meanwhile, make the kachumber. Mix everything together in a small bowl and set aside.
5. The finish the curry, blitz the tinned and fresh tomato together in a blender and add to the vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes before stirring through coconut milk for cream Ness. Simmer gentle for 5-6 minutes, serving with rice or naan and garnished with chopped coriander.